Monday, August 24, 2009

....

...I'm not good with the whole title thing. I don't think I like it much.

Although I'm enjoying my reading adventure, The Gathering Storm is an interesting long history lesson so far, it took awhile to find a copy.

I have the urge to update and write on my blog, about my "real world, college graduate life" which surprisingly is not that exciting as people think it is.

I mean I haven't seen the movie Post Grad yet, but a few weeks ago my sister saw a preview for it and said "Allison! This movie is almost like your life right now. Except you don't have a boyfriend or many interviews for a job." Yes, thank you Jessica for enlightening me on how great my life is....I mean I love pretending that my 'eye candy' at the Jimmy Johns downtown and I are moving forward in our relationship after each time I order my #1, it's probably not happening. And as much as I like to think that all those places I've applied to are either going to call tomorrow, or eventually, they actaully might not. So I'm stuck at home, indefintely. And I get the feeling that although the movie is aimed for me to relate, I can't relate it to my life because I'm sure the main character gets this great happy ending boyfriend and job all within 90+ minutes. Unrealistic.

...my unpaid internship at SOS Children's Villages Illinois is going well. Tomorrow, August 25, I get to meet the Governor of Illinois Pat Quinn. That should be exciting, he's going to sign two bills into legislation at one of our villages.
My big dilemma is what to wear when you meet the Governor?

When I was walking downtown the other day to my office, I passed a Hilton Hotel, and I had a thought: If I was Paris Hilton and my family owned hotel chains, then I would ask them to play my music, "Stars are blind" or other hit wonders from my cd (or cds at this point, I'm not sure how her career is going), in the lobby, elevator, or in the canopy outside by the bell boys and roadside pickup/drop off area.

Today is the first day of school, at the University of Iowa, and I feel left out being at home in Chicago. I loved being at school, and in classroom, learning environment. I'm thinking of enrolling in some continuing education classes or something to occupy my time. And to provide me with a more social life (expanding my network of friends?!), because being at home and my everyday routines, and errands, feels a little too much like High School...and as much as I loved that place, I would rather be reliving College.

And I realize that I am really only speaking/venting to my extended Sloss family so thank you for reading/listening.
I'm not sure how to get other followers...

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed your blog. I hope that tomorrow 90 amazing minutes pass where you get a job, find a guy, and get a recording contract like Paris.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have my favorite eye candy at Jimmy John's too. I order a number 6 though.

    You make it your facebook status at a time when lots of people are on facebook. When I did that one night, I got like 60 ppl to visit my blog. Kelsey did it too. But then again, I have no idea who those 60 ppl were and I'm not sure if I would pick 60 random facebook friends that I have that I would want them to even read my blog....but it is worth a try.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i like the new non-book blog.

    ps... class is lame. i hate getting to know watch other days. (i will probably blog about how much i hate the first week of class).

    but on a happier note, i have my history class today... which means there will be plenty of boys to look at.

    ReplyDelete