This morning I had my Chicago Cubs interview ... it went okay, it's out of my hands now.
however, something happened before the interview that of course would only happen to me:
I was in the reception office, filling out the application. People (cute guys) were walking through getting coffee, going to other offices, and whatever else they do at the cub headquarters. Let me set the scene, it was quiet except for the background noise of MLBtv which was talking highlights of the world series game. I finished the application was now waiting for Jorge to come and meet me to start the interview process. All of a sudden I thought 'cell phone' and however slim chance that anyone calls or texts me while in the interview I still obey the movie theater rules and silence the cell. I get my phone, put it on silent, lock the keypad, then I decide to spice things up and put my phone on 'standby' for extra precaution. I throw it in my bag when all of sudden I hear faint noise which then turns into music.
Not just any music, but "You Are The Music In Me" from High School Musical 2 music, which quickly starts BLARING from my bag!!!!
Humiliated, I dig through my bag, find my phone and then I'm struggling to unlock it while covering the sound, and I don't understand how this song is playing from my phone when I don't have it in my music or ring tones. It seems that I'm pressing every button imaginable to shut it off, which it finally does. All while the two receptionist women are looking at me, I'm frazzled and bright red, saying "oh my goodness, I'm so sorry, I'm so embarrassed."
To make matters worse, a couple seconds later a cute guy comes into the reception room and says "What was that noise? Are you guys listening to music?" I speak up and say, "Nope, that was my phone." He laughs, and probably mumbles something, and walks away.
ugh, story of my life.
If I don't get this internship I'm blaming HSM2
If I do, then "You Are The Music In Me" will become my new favorite tune.
Obviously there's a lot riding on this
yep, that would happen to you. but only you.
ReplyDeleteps. i like the inclusion of "cute boys"