Thursday, October 29, 2009

lively update

so I haven't blogged in about a week, my apologies.

Here's what I've been up to:

- Jessica and I figured out the source of the quote that was bothering us for over a week - it was a new record, the quote ("It's perfect, you're perfect") is from: School of Rock. We were jumping up and down when we figured it out, it was a real kodak moment for our accomplishment
- Painting various rooms in my house, it's basically my part-time job (and I get to listen to the radio which is the biggest attraction, not to mention it's sort of a work-out so there's another plus)
- Ditching a career fair that I signed up to go to because once I saw the employers that were attending, none were interesting to me, I decided not to go and save my gas $
- Got a haircut, my hair grows very slowly so it's more like a trim, no dramatic difference but it feels refreshing
- Watching Glee episodes on the computer, it's my new favorite show (next to It's Always Sunny), everyone should watch! But new episodes aren't till November 11 or something, after the World Series
- Looking into Teaching English as a Foreign Language Certificates (pricing it out), because I'm very very interesting in going abroad and teaching. I can take online class for about $200 and get a verifiable certificate when I complete it, then I can apply to a lot of posted teaching jobs .... just the thought of this gets me happy!
- I received a phone call monday for a interview that's not till wednesday (November 4) - it's a PAID (woohoo!!) Community Affairs Internship position with the Chicago Cubs. This would be awesome, but now I'm really nervous for the interview. I thought I do well in in-person interviews but I'm not sure... What are 3 of my weaknesses?? What are 3 of my strengths?? Not to mention my dad told my grandma about this interview, who told my aunt, who called to congratulate me...ugh, now I have added family pressure! Or my brother, he sent me an email on tuesday morning about things to read up on about the cubs to prepare myself -- prepare myself?! it's not for a week! So yeah, I'm starting to freak out and get nervous, great.
- I'll be "babysitting" friday night if you can even call it that, for my next door neighbors, who are basically like my little brothers, too bad they're 11 and 14, very capable of staying home by themselves, which they have before, but their mother wants some "adult supervision" -- haha I'm an adult! I usually let them go crazy, but maybe I'll suggest going to see a scary movie (Paranormal Activity or Saw 6) in the spirit of All Hollows Eve

...that's all folks

2 comments:

  1. i love glee.
    and what i have realized your blogs do not make me feel better about this whole "Real job" thing. blah

    ReplyDelete
  2. prepare for behavior interview questions, a time that so and so happened to you. There are lots of websites with example questions. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete