Wednesday, December 9, 2009

DC

I've decided to move to DC for the (unpaid) internship with Atlantic Media Company.

Of course after I sent in my confirmation I get an email today for an editorial internship, I interviewed for back in the beginning of October, which they offered to me and it's pays 8/hour in the suburbs of Chicago. It starts on Monday so I think I was probably one of their last choices because I hadn't heard from them since my interview. Even though I'd be at home and get paid for this part-time internship, I declined.
A. Because I already accepted the DC internship
B. Because I don't like that they gave me such short notice, probably since I'm their last pick and all
C. I didn't really like the girls who interviewed me, I didn't trust them. I got a bad vibe, and they would not expand my social life


But maybe I should have accepted the internship here in Chicago (and save my parents some money since that has been my biggest concern) and go back on my confirmation with the DC internship?

This morning I was happy with DC but that email completely threw me off guard, and made me question everything again. Ugh, I need to stop dwelling over it and just accept everything as it is.

I'm nervous-excited to go to DC. I've never been there before.
I'll be working in the Watergate building, which in itself is cool. I mean I doubt they have a museum or tour showing the rooms where the scandal went down but still . . . maybe I'll be working in one of those very rooms?!

I think some of the reason I'm so excited for this new "adventure" is because I've been complaining a lot. I've been complaining basically since I got home from Europe. I do this because I live with my parents, I have about 4 friends, and everything in my life feels static. Like I'm going nowhere. Must of the time, I feel justified in my complaining but that basically only brings me full circle. So with this internship in DC, although it's a huge risk and I'm asking a lot of my family I just needed to do something, be active and go out there. I'm feeling more and more hopeful.

Glee's on tonight! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment