Thursday has always been my favorite day, since high school. It's just the perfect day, anticipating the weekend but still giving you enough time to make plans. Not to mention a "good" tv night. That being said you can imagine my excitement for tonight's episode of MTV's newest reality show, Jersey Shore.
Basically JS is like a season of The Real World but exclusively with Guidos (and it's ok that I say this because they say it about themselves at least 20+ times in the show). It's the true story, of eight strangers, picked to live in a shore house, to find out what happens, when the booze runs out...it's The Real World: Guidos. And it's like a bad accident that you can't help but keep your eyes on and watch to find out what happens. MTV has done it again.
I mean personally I don't find a juiced-up Italian guy with a tribal sun tattoo, a glamorous rosary and a Hollywood tan anything to faint over but more power to those who do.
JS character list:
Pauly D.
Pauly D. has obscenely spikey hair, a tanning bed probably in his apartment and is a DJ who wants people to "come in their pants when they hear his music"
Nicole aka Snooki
Snooki may be my favorite character. Nobody in the house can remember Snooki's nickname so she's consistently referred to as "Snickers," which is nenver not the funniest thing I've ever heard. She party's hard and feels left out. Such a relatable character.
Mike
Mike gave himself the nickname "The Situation," so you know he's gotta be cool. Even though his face looks close to thirty.
Sammy "Sweetheart"
Sammy Sweetheart is a sweet little Guidette with a don't-fuck-with-me attitude looking to break some hearts. She's the source of a great quote, "If you're not a Guido you can get the fuck out of my face."
Vinny
Vinny's mom still cuts his food for him and he makes a point of telling viewers that although he went to college, he "still loves to fist pump."
Jenni aka "J-Woww"
I like imagining how the conversation went down between Jenni and the MTV graphics people where she clarifies that there are two W's in her fabricated name. J-Woww likes to rip guy's heads off after sex, sounds like she just ate a pack of Newport lights for dinner and has a really horrible hair-dye.
Ronnie
He's sort of a dreamboat. He likes cheap cologne, protein shakes and fist pumping in the ocean. Ronnie's life philosophy: "Beers, pussy and the beach. All you need to know.'
Angelina
Angelina has a boyfriend who she's going to "try" not to cheat on and openly refers to herself as the Kim Kardashian of Staten Island. She's also a bartender who "does great things."
However, since this JS is on the same time as It's Always Sunny, I pick It's Always Sunny. Especially since MTV will replay JS a thousand times over...and I'm sure I can guess the drama that unfolds, I mean it is MTV.
Basically this post was kind of pointless but I saw a commercial for tonight's episode of JS and wanted to share my thoughts.
Happy Thursday
fyi: Angelia left the show... i know this thanks to College Candy, any the fact that anything is a distraction to me right now.
ReplyDelete