Sunday, January 31, 2010

FOREVER

I know, I know, It's been forever since I've posted.
I've got a little spooked after getting called out on blogging at work.

Then again, nothing exciting has really happened to me that was blog-post worthy.

DC is still very interesting.
I still live in a ghetto area, but my goal is to befriend some of my squatters outside so I feel less intimidated by them and instead when I see them I feel warmth and comfort.
>My first outreach is giving them an old mattress pad that was on my bed from the girl who's room I took - Meg - she left it on the bed but my mother insisted I buy a new one, which I did, so now I have an extra which I'm planning on putting outside for my soon-to-be friends to cultivate.
>My second outreach task will be saying "Hello good (fill in the blank depending on the time of day)." I thought about saying "How are you?" But I don't want to come off as condescending since most of them do not seem to be in the greatest stage of their life.

I really do not have any more ideas beyond that - I mean I don't want to give them money because I'm an unpaid intern so I need all the money I can muster. But we'll see how my plan works. The girl who moved out, Meg, said that they were all nice to her so I might pick her brain in a few weeks if nothing seems to change.


Last night I babysat, for a kid that's 12.
I was kind of weirded out by it because I'm like "hey, parents. Isn't your son old enough to be home alone at 12? especially since you're just going to a dinner party at one of his friends' houses that's less than a mile away (I proudly retained all this knowledge just for this post). But whatevs, I did make $$ and the mom made me a really good salad which I wrote down the recipe for (it's all from Whole Foods: Baby Arugula, Baby Spinach, Chicken, Clementines, Red Onions, Hazelnuts, and Mackay's Orange Marmalade with Champagne -- it may sound odd but it was surprisingly good).


Anyhoot, this kid was smart too - we watched about 3 hours of Mythbusters, I think the finally tally was Graham (the 12 year old kid) 6-0, Allison 1-5 in terms of guessing correctly. Yeah, I felt pathetic.


i don't know what else to say
oh ...I had lunch today with my great Aunt - she's my dad's Aunt who's a Nun for the Catholic Church - and apparently is kind of a big deal in Virgina something with the Catholic schools and education and handling everything idk. How about them apples?! She's really sweet and doesn't mind that I'm a member of the Jewish faith so I appreciate that. Plus we went to Applebee's and I laughed to myself because I thought of Stephanie's date with Dbag when she told him she couldn't eat there because she was allergic to their cheese. I had three cheese penne pasta for lunch

i feel boring and i need to shower and pick out my clothes for tomorrow. My clothing calendar has worked wonders! it's kept my on track and i feel so organized by it.

ttfn
ta ta for now

2 comments:

  1. even though you said graham was the 12 year old... i still thought you meant Kassie's Graham. and i thought "yeah, he probably is that smart even though he cant talk"

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHAHA i would have ended up in the hospital if i had eaten the three cheese pasta since we all know i am allergic to ONLY applebees cheese...

    and yet i continued to date him , i should have seen that as a warning that he was going to take a turn for the douche

    ReplyDelete