Sunday, November 14, 2010

826 DC

There's the nonprofit organization called 826, to quote right from the website "826 National is a nonprofit tutoring, writing, and publishing organization with locations in eight cities across the country. Our goal is to assist students ages six to eighteen with their writing skills, and to help teachers get their classes excited about writing. Our work is based on the understanding that great leaps in learning can happen with one-on-one attention, and that strong writing skills are fundamental to future success."

Plus the 826DC location is associated with The Museum of Unnatural History. How great is that? :)

I just have the utmost respect for organizations that concentrate on reading and writing. I'm excited to volunteer with them and help when I can.

Everyone should check out this article my friend Monica researched and wrote. It's fascinating!




Again, thank you for your generous bids during the book auction. In total, the sum was nearly four thousand dollars! It is going to wonderful hands, and I am writing a check to 826 LA as well, to contribute to the pot. Yeah 826! Yeah you guys! So awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment