Tuesday, September 29, 2009

lanyard clips

Today I'm at "work" and given another dull task.



I have to find these ---->

What are they? You might ask. Or better yet, Why?


I am well-informed. They are Lanyard Clips. Most commonly seen attached to lanyards for employee/ID badges.


My boss wants roughly 300 of them for the Gala on Friday to be attached to Mardi Gras beads (which I also had to call Party City about -- they're giving me a deal, woohoo) and then these delightful trinkets will be attached to a paper laminated circle - medal thing that another employee is making.


They except for these medals to be worn by the guests, who are wearing 'Chicago Chic-Black Tie Optional Attire' after they choose to donate even more money to the cause, and everyone at the Gala will know that they are "Wish Grantors"

Too bad, these clips, or hooks, are not sold separetly
and mostly come like this ---->
When I showed this option to my boss, she was disappointed, she really likes the idea of using Mardi Gras beads and the clip, it's more "festive and fun"
I'm all for festive and fun, but this is more cost efficient and I have better things to do with my time, such as blogging :)
or finishing the three articles I have due Thursday for the Fall Newsletter
However, obviously this takes precedence and I will press on with my search.

1 comment: