Being
unappreciated + unpaid + iced out + hiring people from the outside = a crappy week at work
I think I'm close to my breaking point with this internship...ugh.
( nd when I say "iced out" I mean having my managers and "superiors" being really cliquey and in turn making me feel uncomfortable like I don't belong there - inow in the internship and in the future in a real full-time capacity).
OK. 'nuff said.
But my spirits were quickly lifted around 3pm on Friday (despite my procrastination last week applying to jobs), I got an email for an interview on Tuesday, and then an hour later I had a phone call from another company I applied to and had a 30+ minute initial phone interview with Jason ;p (while I was still "at work").
I'm just happy to get noticed - interviews!!
In this tough job market, it's a relief that my efforts aren't a waste, that somebody might actually want me. Because after working 40+ hour weeks, not getting paid, and not hearing back from even one of the many positions I've applied for can really break your spirit.
Sorry to be kind of a bummer.
I loved all the Iowa Spirit this week. UNI's big win (and unfortunate loss last night to Michigan State...but hey it's the Big Ten, too bad Ohio State couldn't pull through for me - I had them in the Championship game). oh well, I digress... but Obama's speech and appearance in Iowa City (and Prairie Lights! my home away from home) got so much buzz here in DC, I couldn't be more proud of my little college town and university :)
Currently....
What I'm reading: Still slowly but surely still reading Crime and Punishment, it's very long. One of my many go-to websites is Gawker. If you don't know what it is, check it out. Become addicted.
What I'm listening to: MIKA !! Jessica recommended him to me, and I started listening to him on Sunday night, and by Monday morning I was hooked, and I wanted more.
Think of him as like a Lady Gaga-type eccentric UK musician. Not sure if you all will like his music, but listen, watch.....this is just a small sample of my favorites
(especially "rain" - "blue eyes" - "relax, take it easy")
Let me know what you think:
"Happy Ending"
"Relax, Take It Easy"
"Rain"
"Blue Eyes" -- not really an official music video but i just want you guys to hear the song
"Lonely Alcoholic" -- again, not really a music video i just want you guys to hear the song
please enjoy.
What I'm watching: I have so much catching up to do with the CW !! Gossip Girl, One Tree Hill, 90210, Vampire Dairies ... damn I sound like a 14 year old girl.
What I'm pondering: Not to get all cocky, but I'm just thinking about the possibilities of these two positions I'm interviewing for. One is here in DC, and the other takes me back to Chicago...if it was just based off location and not really considering the actual position/company/salary I'm not sure which one I would take....
I think the real stress is just about to set in.
till next time.
I'm really going to try and pick up my slack for more than once and week posts...
No comments:
Post a Comment