Sunday, March 21, 2010

UNI was a trending topic on twitter?!!

Last night was crazy -- everyone's NCAA Men's Basketball is shot to hell -- Not mine!! what-what.

I was at a house party last night and some kids there could NOT believe UNI won and they kept saying "Northern Iowa, really? Where's that?" I was all smiles, and felt super cool to contribute to sports conversation, and thanks to UNI I had my easy-entry "UNI is in Cedar Falls."
Yeah, that was about the extent of it, unless they wanted to know their colors (purple and gold -- a fugly combination if you ask me) or their mascot (panthers) but they didn't and so I stood in this awkward circle till I finished my Jack&Coke and could get a new drink, and embarrass myself in another circle.

Circle bucnhes are intimidating. Once you're in it's weird to leave, since everyone can see you. I don't know, I was having issues l
ast night. There were just circles everywhere I turned, like each group was their own pod and I was the only one attempting to break the pods and get shit rolling. It didn't fly so well, I got a lot of glossy-judgy eye looks -- especially from the all-girl pod circle. ugh, girls suck.

I haven't written in forever, so sorry. Nothing new is really going on.

In case you missed this post I had on twitter this is a really great funnyordie video
I love Raaaaaaaandy and this line is
just priceless "Justin Bieber shot me in the knee and stole my song 'Baby'"

Watch the video!



Currently....

What I'm procrastinating on: Applying to jobs. Doing laundry (I can probably last another week)

What I'm reading: I downloaded Kindle for my Blackberry and last week I read Jeanne-Marie Le Prince de Beaumont's Beauty and the Beast and now I'm reading Fyodor Dostoyevsky's Crime and Punishment

What I'm listening to: I'm in a revisited Incubus stage. And I love the song "Notion" by Kings of Leon.




What I'm watching: Hulu is my savior. Or basically the ability to watch any show on the internet is my savior, because we only get a few channels -- please don't judge my cable package, comcast is a whore that likes to screw the Shawshack -- we get ABC Family, C-Span, C-Span 2, ESPN, ESPN 2, and Verses. yeah, true story. But I love Cougar Town, Parks and Rec, 30 Rock and Modern Family right now (more than The Office).

oh fun fact: Dee & Mac from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia are going to have a baby! Wonder if/how they are going to work her pregnancy in the show??

ponder on that my friends...


2 comments:

  1. i still don'y understand why you like the justin video (but of course I have never understood your obsession with young boy pop singers).
    i love that you represented UNI in DC. it is kindof like you are from Iowa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh.
    i also love the king of leon song (i give into mainstream music way to easily)
    and
    what is this about your cable. do you not get Disney. (sad)

    ReplyDelete