Thursday, July 1, 2010

10:51pm

It's the SEVENTH month of 2010 - where has the year gone?

I was just lying in bed, feeling kind of sick from eating a brownie - a last minute decision, that wasn't (and actually still isn't) sitting well, thinking that my stomach is trying to make me feel worse about myself than I already do. I know everyone has these days of feeling F.A.T. today was one of mine. I just felt disgusting all day.

Then I decided, I didn't want to go to bed mad at myself for my indulgence thus the beginning of this blog, and the time (10:51pm) when this all started. I've had this book on my night table for the past couple of months - I took it from the free book shelve at my internship, I really liked the idea of the book -- I've always liked Chicken Soup for the Teenage Soul -type How-To books, plus it was FREE.

My apologies for jumping around here but I'm putting theory into practice...

For those too lazy to click on the link here's the book:




yes, I know this is ambitious, and this means I will try my damnedest to write a POST_A_DAY (SHOCKER!!) or provide the advice in advance (i.e. over the weekend when I'm not at my computer as often). Either retelling the book's daily advice or my own experience on how I succeeded or failed at it...we'll just see where this goes.

I like to think of myself as a Happy person, but I think this will be an interesting experiment and approach to each day or reflection of the day.

Here it goes.....

"Chapter One - Be Happy with Yourself"

1.Choose to Think Happy Thoughts.
"When you choose positive thoughts over negative ones, you are more likely to develop an optimistic outlook on life"

I think just by deciding to do this blog experiment and not wanting to go to bed mad at myself is putting on the right track.


.....Since we're on the cusp of Tomorrow-Land, I'll give the teaser:
2.Smile More Often
.
"Force yourself to smile...Mentally affirm, 'I am happy, totally, blissfully happy.' ...Use your smile to start a happiness epidemic. Smile at everyone, everywhere...So fake it until you genuinely feel happy."

I will try this out and you should too...
starting N.O.W.



think HAPPY THOUGHTS & SMILE

1 comment: