Test out for yourself what famous writer YOU write like....?!?!
I write like Jonathan Swift :)
and no, no relation to T.Swift, I wish.
but that's when I used an essay from college as my text to be analyzed...because that was the height of my writing - in school I wrote better, I even talked better, and I obviously put more work and thought into those essays and assignments (even if I was working on them last minute) than I ever do now, even writing this sentence - it's a thoughtless string of words that probably don't make much sense and isn't even grammatically correct.
I need to get back into being a better writer and scholar. Even though I keep up with current events and read the news I just absorb it, it's not a real intellectual process. After being out of school for over a year I'm fearful that I'm losing my intelligence little by little every day because I'm not challenging myself or actively learning new information.
This needs to change. I need to sign up for a writing class or something to get me back on track.
I want to always write like Jonathan Swift, and hey, maybe some day I'll write the next great satirical work better than Gulliver's Travels and A Modest Proposal.
a girl can dream.

No comments:
Post a Comment