
I just saw, what could possibly be one of the most disturbing commercials....
Perhaps you all have seen it already, I think it's actually been out for awhile, however I just witnessed it's creepiness.
I can't find a link for the commercial video but you can get the general idea by visiting THIS website
I knew that the Obama Chia Pet was a controversy, in the early spring but I thought everything had settled and it was no longer an issue.
Turns out CVS is a lot braver than Walgreen's, and decided to take on and (attempt) to sell this product.
What I find most interesting is that, the Chia Pet Enterprise did not stop with Obama, but goes back in history, so now real historians can collect Washington, Lincoln, Obama, and the Statue of Liberty in the form of a plant to showcase their true patriotism.
I had not seen a Chia Pet commercial for a good amount of time, so that was shock enough, the Obama and Presidential factor was just a odd bonus.
I am glad to know that the American Dream is alive and well, especially for an 80's phenomenon that I thought the US was way over, but If CVS can sell Chia Pets, in this state of the economy, that not only proves me wrong about trends (I guess I'm always behind) but I would like to think that suggests that the Recession is over?
thoughts?
P.S.
If anyone knows anyone who has or will be purchasing one of this collector items or a Chia Pet in the past five to ten years, I would greatly like to know...I find it very interesting (especially since they cost $20!)
thats just creepy
ReplyDelete