Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Nickelodeon Splat

I realize I'm preaching this to a Disney-following crowd, but this is something I feel very sad about.

As much as I grew up on Disney movies, Nickelodeon is where I grew up with memorable television. Where to begin, there was Are you Afraid of the Dark? Hey! Arnold, Salute Your Shorts, Doug, Rugrats, Kenan and Kell, All That, Clarissa Explains It All, (Family) Double Dare, Legends of the Hidden Temple, Dude Ranch, The Secret World of Alex Mack, Figure It Out, What Would You Do? GUTS, Wild and Crazy Kids ....

... and yes I knew all of these on the top of my head, pathetic impressive, I know.

dang, I might have to youtube or look for these shows' seasons online, they are classics.
I would watch these over any show MTV offers (notice that I say MTV, I'm not willing to risk losing the CW tv shows).

I digress, I just came upon this article: The Splat Is Gone
Before

Old Logo

Nickelodeon's old splat logo, which I identify with with my childhood will soon be changed to this:

After
New logo

While it still holds the familiar orange color, the logo now looks more modern and robotic, and loses it's 90's fun spirit.

I realize this is not that big of a deal in the grand scheme of things, but it just got me thinking. I wish the old Nickelodeon would return. I don't care for iCarly or Jamie Lynn Spear's canceled show and whatever else is on.

Times they are a changing.

1 comment:

  1. um.. i didn't grow up with cable, I can not relate to this post at all.
    I seriously have only heard of 5 of the shows you mentioned.
    (and one of those was bought out by Disney and I'm not sure if I've actually seen are you afraid of the dark... so I don't know if I can count that)

    but yes, very sad that they changed their logo

    ReplyDelete